A nice clear-cut article about just a few of the benefits and uses of Glycerin.
By: Riddhi Roy
Published: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Glycerin is a sugar alcohol compound that is a clear liquid without any odour. It is non-toxic and has a sweet taste. It has several benefits for the skin. So, keep reading to find out the different skin benefits of glycerin. It has a gel-like texture, which makes it versatile to be used on all skin types. It helps the skin retain its moisture, which is why a lot of skincare products have this as an ingredient. You must have seen many soaps and lotions that have glycerin in them. That is why, we will tell you about the amazing benefits of using glycerin for your skin. Instead of using all the products containing glycerin why not use it in its natural form, right? So, here are all the ways you can use glycerin for your skin care!
1. Cleanser: For this, you will need some glycerin and some citric acid, so you can use either lemon juice or orange juice. Mix it together till it gets to a kind of white, milky texture.
2. Moisturiser: Glycerin works as an amazing moisturiser. Apply it directly on your skin every night, as a night moisturiser, to wake up to hydrated, soft and supple skin.
3. Toner: Mix equal parts of glycerin with rose water in a spray bottle to make the most amazing hydrating toner. Spray this at any time during the day to feel refreshed or when your skin starts to feel dry.
4. Primer: Glycerin can hydrate the skin without leaving any greasy film behind. This is why it can make a perfect base for your makeup. This is one of the best benefits of using glycerin for skin care.
5. Nail Cream: Do you have brittle nails with cuticles that keep showing up because of how dry they are? Then, just use glycerin on your nails to push back the cuticles to where they belong and to make your nails shiny.
6. For Anti-ageing: Mix vitamin E oil from the vitamin E capsules with glycerin to make a perfect serum for dry, ageing skin. Dryness is one of the main reasons for early ageing signs to appear. Ageing skin stops producing as much moisture as younger skin.
7. To Control Oiliness: Mix glycerin with multani mitti to make a face pack that would help get rid of the excessive oil on the face without it being too drying on the face. This is the best way to use glycerin for skin care.