Love this company and every employee I spoke to. But the Shipping expense is terrible and forcing me to look at other companies
USP Vegetable Glycerin
Fast delivery, quality product.
Great service! Thanks
Very good a little late but it’s not their fault is the Pandemic and the Protest!!!!!
Household Cleaning Agents
- Anti Grease Cleaner - using glycerin as a hand cleaner, glycerin and orange oil strips grease, even old engine oil. The glycerin component will also condition and moisturize your hands.
- Cleansing Products- glycerin is used in soaps and synthetic detergents. It is also used as a wetting agent in emulsifiers, wax emulsions, and skin protectives.
- Cough Medicine- USP food grade glycerin is used in cough medicine.
- Anesthetics- USP food grade glycerin is an ingredient in anesthetics.
- Ear treatments- glycerin is often used in various ear treatments, and is a common lubricant used to clear stubborn ear wax.
- Bacteriological media- glycerin is used for bacterial preservation.
- Eczema/psoriasis- glycerin is a main ingredient and moisturizer in topical creams for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Heart Conditions- glycerin is a main ingredient in nitroglycerin, used to treat heart conditions.
- Constipation- glycerin suppositories are commonly used to treat constipation.
- Anti Freeze- glycerin is used in.
- Anti Grease- glycerin, mixed with other agents, strips grease and oil from hands and surfaces. Using glycerin will also soften your hands in the process.
- Substitute For Oil- glycerin can be used as a lubricant in substitute for oil.
- Oxygen Compressors- as glycerin is more resistant to oxidation than other oils, glycerin is used in oxygen compressors.
- Glass- glycerin is used as a safe ingredient in the deicing of glass and windshields in the automobile and aviation industry.
- Engine Gauges
- Electrolytic fluids- glycerin is an active ingredient in electrolytic fluids used for various industrial applications, such as galvanized cloth and lightning arrestors.
- Cement- glycerin is used in cement compounds, especially litharge-glycerin cement used for sinks and tubs.
- Piping and Valves- glycerin is used in the production of valve repair for the mechanical and industrial industries.
- Anti Corrosion- glycerin contains natural antifreeze and corrosion properties, making it an imperative ingredient in the application of anti corrosion materials.
- Rethreading- because of its natural moistening and binding properties, glycerin is used as an agent in rethreading compounds.
- Various Binding Cements- glycerin is and active ingredient in pipe joint cement and furnace cement.
- Asphalt- crude glycerin has many properties that make it a very useful ingredient in asphalt compounds, such as its very low freezing point, high boiling point, and its natural binding properties.
- Thermometers- glycerin is used as a liquid in mercury thermometers.
- Electrical- glycerin is used in the production of various electrical equipment, such as gauges and sensors.
- Oil Refinery- glycerin is an active ingredient in various oil refinery equipment.
- Textile Oils- glycerin is commonly used in connection with textile oils in spinning, knitting and weaving operations.
- Dyes- Glycerin is an ingredient in basic dyes.
- Smoking Tobacco- glycerin is used as a humectant in tobacco products. When processing smoking tobacco, glycerin is sprayed onto the tobacco before the leaves are shredded and packed.
- Chewing Tobacco- when processing chewing tobacco, glycerin adds sweetness and prevents dehydration.
- Cigarettes- glycerin is used as a plasticizer in cigarette papers.
- Vape Juice- glycerin, or VG, is one of 4 main ingredients in vape juice.
- Cannabis- glycerin is a main ingredient in CBD and THC oil.
- Hookah- glycerin is a main ingredient in hookah. When the compound is heated, it creates a dense cloud of smoke.
- Humidors- glycerin’s moistening and naturally safe properties make it very useful in the preservation of cigars in humidors.
- Skin- as glycerin is a humectant, meaning it retains moisturizer, glycerin is a main ingredient in lotion, hand cream, liquid soaps, shaving cream, skin toner, foot scrub, foot crack and repair cream, face primer, anti-aging cream, and face freshener.
- Hair- glycerin is key ingredient in hair products used to preserve moisture, such as conditioner, leave-in conditioner and hair spritz.
- Toothpaste- glycerin is the main ingredient in toothpaste, as it preserves the desired smoothness and viscosity of the paste.
- Mouthwash- glycerin can be used as an ingredient in mouthwash to create texture and add an element of sweetener.
- Nails- glycerine adds moisture to dry nails, especially the dryness of cuticles after removing nail polish.
- Chemical Research- glycerin is used in the manufacturing of reagent chemicals, basic dyes, insecticides, and miscellaneous chemicals.
- Explosives- mixes with other compounds, glycerin is a key ingredient in nitroglycerin, which is a manufactured liquid used to create explosives.
Lawn and Garden
- Insecticides- glycerin is used as a solvent mixed with other ingredients for insecticides.
- Compost- glycerin, mixed with other ingredients, can be used to create and optimal environment for growth, harvesting, and the process of soil bacteria.
- Insect repellant- glycerin is used as a solvent in ingredients to create insect repellant.
- Plants- glycerin deeply penetrates and moisturizes plants, improves soil conditions, and can greatly increase the quantity of harvest.
- Soil- glycerin has been studied to boost the metabolism of nito-fixing bacteria in soil, creating a richer soil for harvest.
- Seeds- to counteract the impact of salinity on the growth process, seeds are soaked in diluted glycerin, allowing germination and higher levels of essential oils and alkaloids to promote a healthy plant.
- Flowers- flowers dipped in a glycerin and water solution will create preservation and enhance appearance.
- Sprinkler Systems- glycerin an ingredient in antifreeze solutions for sprinkler systems.
- Natural Sweetener- because of it’s naturally sweet properties, glycerin can be used as a sweetener, or a substitute for other sweeteners.
- Baked Goods- because of its moistening properties, glycerin can be used as a solvent in baked goods.
- Syrup- glycerin can be used as a natural ingredient in syrup, retaining moisture and enhancing the viscosity of the liquid.
- Flavoring and Color Dyes- food safe glycerin can be used as a solvent in flavoring and dyes.
- Icing- as an ingredient in icing, glycerin prevents the crystallization of sugar, creating a preserving feature to icing.
- Ice Cream- glycerin can be used in ice cream to improve the overall texture, substitute for sugar, and also to create preservation by preventing sugar crystallization.
- Treats- glycerin is used as a binding agent to create an element of chewy in dog treats, as a mild sweetener, and to prevent against mold.
- Treatment- food safe glycerin is an ingredient in the following treatments for: cattle, dogs, cats, horses, sheep, and pigs.
- Wet food- glycerin is utilized as a moisturizing and binding agent in the production of wet food for cats and dogs.
Hobbies and Lifestyle
- Leather Treatments- glycerin is an active ingredient in liquids used to treat and condition leather.
- Wood Treatments- glycerin is an active ingredient in treatments to preserve and clean wood.
- Photography Products- glycerin spray is used on models and actors to create droplets on skin. Glycerin is also used for various other photography shoot purposes to simulate life-like water droplets, such as on plants, glasses, and “water photography.”
- Modeling Clay- glycerin is used as a natural and kid-safe ingredient in the production of modeling clay.
Glycerin Supplier's USP VG Safety Data
Classification of the Substance or Mixture
Fire = 1
Reactivity = 0
See Section 8 for information on personal protection equipment.
See Section 13 for disposal information.
*total dust **respirable fraction
Select glove material based on penetration times, rates of diffusion and degradation.
Do not allow undiluted product or large quantities of it to reach ground water, water course or sewage system.
- ADR: Accord européen sur le transport des marchandises dangereuses par Route (European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road)
- IMDG: International Maritime Code for Dangerous Goods
- DOT: US Department of Transportation
- IATA: International Air Transport Association
- ACGIH: American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
- EINECS: European Inventory of Existing Commercial Chemical Substances
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (division of the American Chemical Society)
- NFPA: National Fire Protection Association (USA)
- HMIS: Hazardous Materials Identification System (USA)
- LC50: Lethal concentration, 50 percent
- LD50: Lethal dose, 50 percent